Progressive Christianity, Traditional Setting and Service, Social Action, The Arts and Music
only search Plymouth Website

1900 NICOLLET AVE. at FRANKLIN
MINNEAPOLIS 55403
612-871-7400

Contact Us

Associated Links


Quick Links


Calendar & Events


Visiting & Membership


Caring & Support


Learning & Involvement


Giving & Pledging


About Plymouth


Sermons & Library

About Plymouth

History

In 2007, Plymouth observed its Sesquicentennial. In April 1857, 18 people organized Plymouth Congregational Church. They built their first building a year later at Nicollet and Fourth Street. That building was destroyed by fire 16 months later, rebuilt and used until 1875 when a larger building was built at Nicollet and Eighth. In those early years, Plymouth started Sunday Schools at various locations in the city. Most of these eventually became churches or community centers. The present building at Nicollet and 19th (pictured) was dedicated in 1909. Many additions (starting with the chapel in 1948) and changes have been made since 1948 to the present day, with a new education wing and other improvements completed in 2007.

Plymouth is a member of the National Association of Congregational Christian Churches (NACCC) and the Minnesota Conference of the United Church of Christ (Schedule II status).

 

Help make Plymouth Church's history live, by volunteering with the Archives Committee!

 

Building Exterior

Home | Calendar & Events | Visiting & Membership | Caring & Support | Learning & Involvement | Giving

About Plymouth | Sermons & Library | Contact Plymouth | Boards | Council | Site Map | Photo Credits | Webmaster

Plymouth Congregational Church • 1900 Nicollet Avenue • Minneapolis MN 55403-3789 • 612/871-7400

© 2014 Plymouth Congregational Church, Minneapolis