Start date: April 1 (with a shadow date of current conductor on March 30)
End date: May 22
Plymouth Congregational Church seeks a long term substitute for three children’s music ensembles within their established program. An ideal candidate will have experience and interest working with young singers, with selecting appropriate repertoire, with effective rehearsal techniques, and in working interpersonally with supervisors and collaborative staff. Plymouth is a progressive church community committed to social justice, and welcomes all children and families into the program.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com no later than March 10.
– Prepare for and lead in-person Wednesday evening rehearsals for three ensembles
– Rehearse and present 1-2 pieces for Cherub Choir and Chorister Choirs to sing in worship
– Plan and execute Bridge Night with other youth ensemble directors to support those students who will move to a different ensemble in 2022-2023
– Attend and co-lead the Youth Sunday service, May 22, 2022 at 11am
– Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with parents via provided email distribution lists
– Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with Pastor for Congregational Care and Worship and other staff
Young Voices (ages 3-5)
This group is focused on quality early experiences with music and centered around play, movement, and responding to repertoire from many backgrounds. Parents attend each class.
5:30-5:55pm on Wednesdays
Cherub Choir (grades K-2)
Children in Cherub Choir learn to sing in an ensemble for the first time. We nurture a beautiful unison sound, skills in working and learning as a team, and music literacy as singers prepare to read printed music.
6-6:30pm on Wednesdays
Chorister Choir (grades 3-6)
Choristers strengthen their basic music skills as they begin to read music and sing in multiple parts. We build a loving community through the selection of meaningful music and team-building activities.
6:35-7:15pm on Wednesdays
- Background Check
- Up to date Covid Vaccinations