Family Friendly Gathering to Honor the Life of George Floyd
5:15 p.m., Wednesday, May 25
Plymouth Congregational Church, Franklin and Nicollet
The Racial Justice Initiative of Plymouth Congregational Church invites you to join us to honor George Floyd’s life and legacy, and then travel to attend the Rise & Remember events at George Floyd Square on Wednesday, May 25.
The schedule of events for May 25 is as follows:
- Gather quietly under the tent at Plymouth for 9 minutes of silence to honor George Floyd
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Food and refreshments provided
- Poster making
- Action station – letters to elected representative
- Table to self-organize for ridesharing to George Floyd
7:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Travel to George Floyd Square for “Angelversary” candlelight vigil
- Join the Caretakers at George Floyd Square for a memorable candlelight vigil to commemorate the two-year angelversary of George Floyd’s death. The event will be held from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. and begin at the Say Their Names Memorial (E 37th Street and Columbus Avenue S). You may bring your own candle. Additional candles will be provided.
For more information about the entire weekend of events at George Floyd Square, as well as opportunities to donate and volunteer, visit https://www.georgefloydglobalmemorial.org/Rise-and-Remember