A contemplative service taking place at 5 p.m. each Sunday
Rooted in contemplative practices, “Sundays at 5” will feature a slightly different focus and style each Sunday evening at 5 p.m. This worship service is designed to be quieter and more intimate than our Sunday morning services. These opportunities will include:
- Evensong (1st Sundays) – worship that features thoughtful singing, periods of brief silence and contemplation, and a series of contemporary and scriptural readings for reflection.
- Sensing the Sacred (2nd Sundays) – a time for resting in centering prayer/meditation; participating in the sacred reading (Lectio Divina) of word, art, or nature; and the sharing of group prayer.
- Celtic Weavings (3rd Sundays) – a service that celebrates the cycles of land, sea, and sky, affirming our connection to and the presence of Mystery within it.
- Testimonies: Transformation through Stories (4th Sundays) – an opportunity to explore the narratives of our lives as pathways for growth or hindrance and the spiritual freedom found in sharing them.
- Taize Worship (5th Sundays) – a gathering focused around simple melodic singing that also includes readings, prayers, and periods of quiet.
The Board invites you to join us for any or all of these services, which will meet under the “Big Top” and then move inside in mid-October. Please invite your friends to join us! “Sundays at 5” represent a way of connecting with the Holy that will appeal to many.
Rev. Beth Hoffman Faeth