August 11, 2021
Yesterday at our weekly Covid Advisory Group meeting, we made the difficult decision to delay opening the sanctuary for the 11 a.m. worship service. Our anticipated opening was this Sunday, August 15, but with the increased number of daily cases in Hennepin County, along with a rising number of breakthrough cases amongst vaccinated people, we do not feel it is yet safe to gather indoors for worship. We hope we may be able to open on August 22 and will make that determination next week. I am asking that you stay tuned to communication from me regarding our reopening process.
Those of you who are keeping a watchful eye on the COVID-19 situation will not be surprised by this decision, and all of us are saddened that once again, this insidious disease keeps us scattered rather than gathered. The Covid Advisory Group is especially mindful that our children do not have access to a vaccine, and because of this, we must do all that we can to protect their precious health while also encouraging their spirit. All programming for children is currently held outdoors. We must all take good precautions in keeping them safe when we are able to be inside again.
The good news is that we continue to worship weekly at 9 a.m. under the “Big Top”. If you have not yet joined us for this vibrant outdoor worship, please come. I know many of you are missing the beauty and sacredness of our sanctuary, and we look towards the future with the hope that soon the pews will be filled.
Again, we will not be opening the sanctuary for 11 a.m. worship this Sunday, August 15. We are still on track for a full reopening on Rally Sunday, September 12, and remain diligent in evaluating the situation each week. Stay tuned for news regarding 11 a.m. worship on August 22.
I hold you all in prayer as this pandemic wears on. May we be people of hope, may we be kind and caring, may we remain faithful in community.
Rev. Beth Hoffman Faeth
Minister for Congregational Care and Worship