Learning and Teaching
- Read a short but well-thought-out and thoughtful articulation of faith-based principles for immigration reform:
- https://nomoredeaths.org/about-no-more-deaths/faith-based-principles-for-immigration-reform/ SPONSOR: No More Deaths
- If you’re not familiar with the plight of the Dreamers (DACA participants), listen to a short (35 minute) excellent podcast explaining who they are and why we should do the work necessary to allow them to stay. SPONSOR: “American Refugee” Podcast Series
- Watch “Democracy in the Eyes of an Undocumented Citizen,” featuring Antonio Jose Vargas, speaker at Westminster Town Hall Forum, September 21, 2021. The recording lasts approximately one hour. Westminster Town Hall Forum is a program of the Westminster Presbyterian Church in Minneapolis. SPONSOR: Westminster Town Hall Forum
- Read free reports at the intersection of blackness and immigrants. Titles include: Our Stories and Visions, There is a Target on Us (African immigrants at the Mexican border), Black Immigrant Women and Girls in the US, and more. https://baji.org/resources/ SPONSOR: BAJI (Black Alliance for Just Immigration)
- Immigration is a complicated issue. It’s helpful to have some background, and a great start is to watch the video“U.S. Immigration – The Basics” by Alyson Ball. She is a Samaritan, working with asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants in Arizona and Virginia. Ball keeps up-to-date on immigration issues and gives presentations throughout the United States. This 53-minute video will get you acquainted with basic immigration history, law and practice. SPONSOR: Green Valley – Sahuarita Samaritans
If you take any action listed in this summary, please notify Tom Haigh for tracking purposes. If you have content for future updates, please submit to Janine Sieja.